Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Travel Advice

We all get the travel bug.  For those that save up for years for that dream vacation, to the consumate travler.  There is always something to learn before venturing out on that vacation.  Not only are travel regulations changing on a constant basis, but so are your destiantions.  Do your reserach before buying your tickets.  Shop around for the best deals whether it's your airlines ticket or your hotel.  If you are tight for money think about traveling during the off season. 

I was fortunate in my younger years that I got to travel often with my parents.  Now as a single parent it has been years since I was out of the country.  Though my daughter and I have been saving for a trip after she graduates from high school.  Right now our plans are for England.  Thank goodness I have till the summer of 2011.  With the economy in a slump and currently being unemployed has put a dampner on saving for our trip.

If you are like me and need to save try putting some money away each month in an interest bearing savings account.  I opened one up a year ago and it has helped rack up a few extra dollars towards our trip.  I went with First National Bank of Omaha, with their online savings account.  I can tranfer from my bank account right into my savings account.  All this done online.  Do your research.

I have written some articles/hubs about traveling.
Please check out these links.  Happy Travels.

The Art of Traveling: Tips for a Travel Virgin.
Tips on Where to Stay in London.
What to See and Do While in Madrid, Spain.
Ten Things You Must See In London.

No comments:

Post a Comment