Monday, November 2, 2009

Places I've Traveled

Growing up in an airline family I was able to do some traveling while growing up.  My first trip out of the US was a trip to Mexico when I was about 9 years old.  This was a fun trip and one reason was my mother went to college in Mexico City for one year.  My first impression of Mexico City was the crazy drivers.  One of my favorite trips was going to Spain and Portugal.  We landed in Lisbon and forve around both countries.  I ate a lot of chicken and the cherries that were sold on the side of the road were fabulous.

I have flown half way around the world to New Zealand where I have seen fjords and glaciers.  I have been to Peru and walked around Machu Picchu.  Which is breathtaking.  I have been to London twince and around England, Scotlane and Ireland.  I have been to Paris twice and Madrid.  I have been to the countries of France, Holland, Begium, and Switzerland.  I long to make it to Italy on day and maybe China and Japan.

Traveling gives us exposure to people and cultures.  Lets us know there is more to life than what we see here at home.  I am tolerant of other cultures and religions.  The world would be a boring place if we were all alike.

Happy travels

No comments:

Post a Comment